This is the classic recipe for homemade sandwich bread, and it’s so easy to make! The bread is incredibly high, soft and fluffy. The perfect bread recipe.
Are you a bread fanatic? Is not there something terrific about a great piece of home-made bread?
If you are thinking about making homemade bread for the first time, here is a great recipe to get you started.
Homemade bread is one of my favorite foods. There really is nothing like a hot slice of homemade bread served with a thick layer of butter on top. Hmmm! This recipe is perfect. It is simple to make and produces 2 wonderful breads.
As you know, I love cooking and I’m a very confident baker, however, one thing I’ve been struggling with is finding a really incredible homemade bread recipe. I know – it seems to be funny as there are a million recipes out there and homemade bread is one of those “basics” that almost everyone can do it. However, I keep trying new recipes and finally found one that I really like and got good results! Even better – it’s easy and from start to finish, it takes a little over 2 hours!
Trust me, this bread is the sandwich bread of your dreams, and its soft slices make perfectly golden toasts.
What I love most about this homemade bread recipe is how easy it is to make it. You will need a few ingredients and just over 2 hours to have two gorgeous fresh baked breads coming out of your oven.
You can easily make half a recipe, but I recommend doing it whole and saving the other bread to consume throughout the week. To prevent it from becoming hard, wrap it with plenty of plastic film or foil. Most important is that it does not come in contact with the air to not dry out.
Likes to make homemade breads: How about trying out these other recipes:
• White flour: 500 g
• Dry yeast: 10 g
• Butter or margarine: 4 tablespoons
• White sugar: 1/4 cup
• Salt: 1/2 tablespoon
• Water: 1 + 1/4 cup
How to make:
– In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except water.
– Then add the water and it goes very well.
– Cover with a clean, damp plastic or dish towel. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
– After this rest, turn the dough on a clean and lightly floured surface. Gently press the dough to remove the air bubbles. Divide the dough into two and, working with one piece at a time, open a rectangle of 30x20cm. (you do not need a roller, you can easily open it with your hands).
– Wrap the rectangle, starting at the short end, making a tight cylinder. Tighten to join splice.
– Transfer to two 20-23cm baking sheets.
– Cover with a clean dishcloth and let rise to double in size (45 minutes to 1 hour).
– Bake in preheated oven at 390ºF (200ºC) for 30 minutes or until top is slightly golden.
– When you finish baking, remove from the way and still hot brush a little butter or margarine.
Notes: You can replace two roasters of 20cm by one of 30cm.
Anyone can make this homemade bread. It is infallible, does not need so easily and has the unique flavor of homemade bread. Just mix all the ingredients and voilà. Homemade bread without knead fast and easy!
WHOLE WHEAT NO KNEAD EASY RECIPE
Whole Wheat homemade bread is a very easy recipe to make and this full version is even healthier and more traditional.
NO KNEAD BREAD WITH GORGONZOLA CHEESE EASY RECIPE
The same recipe but with a layer of gorgonzola cheese. Elevate your bread without kneading a place with this easy and quick recipe.
POTATO BREAD EASY AND FAST
Make lots of bread with little effort right now.
ITALIAN EASTER BREAD
The best Easter bread recipe I’ve ever made. Simple, fast and yields 2 large breads.